Tuesday, August 12, 2014

That's what tutors are for!

Saturday August 6

After going to sleep at 6am, I woke up a little before 11 because my tutor messaged me.  "You still want company to Western Union?" Yesterday I had asked him to join me, because I didn't want to have a lot of money all alone.  So I said yes please and he said he'd be there to pick me up in a couple of minutes. I quickly got dressed, grabbed an orange and left with him.  The Western Union I was going to was closed, even though it said open online (that was frustrating, but my host family says that happens a lot here).  So my tutor took me to another Western Union and I was able to get the money my family sent me.  From there, we rushed to the university so that I could make my payment for the first month of this program.  However, the administrative office was closed.  Oh well. As he took me back home, I thanked him for all his help.  "Not at all! That's what tutors are for!" he said.  I'm glad we're getting along well.  Once home, I hid everything and went back to sleep for a couple of hours! Until...

No comments:

Post a Comment