Sunday, August 10, 2014

REUNION!!!!!!!

Monday, August 4

Last fall, a student from Universidad Blas Pascal came to Samford as part of our new foreign exchange program.  Her name was Carolina.  Caro cast a spell on everyone she met. Everyone loved her.  Her first semester here, she and I were Spanish lab assistants in the same hour, so we got to work together and become friends. She enjoyed talking about her home in Argentina and about how life is different up here. She loved her experience abroad that she stayed another semester.  At around that time, I was starting to think about doing the exchange and going down to Argentina.  Caro encouraged me to, and started telling me more about the culture of Argentina. She finally had to go back at the end of the second semester, but at that point I had decided to come to Argentina, so we agreed to meet again. Sure enough I eventually made it down here, and sure enough, she messaged me on Facebook and said, I'm nearby! Let's meet!

So I gave her the address so that she could find me, a little later I walked out of the house and there she was! It was so good to see her again! We hugged and got in the car. She drove us up Rafael Nuñez (a very important street) and we found a nice patisserie called Delicity. There we enjoyed a smoothie and a pastry called alfahores de maicena. We caught up and had a good time talking. Afterwards, she took me home again, we agreed to hang out again sometime, and she left. It was fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment