Monday, August 18, 2014

Just chilling 'till tomorrow

Today was a national holiday, so there was no school.  Like MLK day or Presidents day in the US, today was a commemoration of San Martín, the liberator of the southern cone of South America. Today was not a winter day.  At our house, all the windows were open and I even ate lunch outside.  It was a beautiful day! My host mother suggested that I go to a lake with my friends. However, it was such short notice, and one of my friends said he wanted to buy a bathing suit first!  So we decided to go to a park to enjoy the lovely weather.  We had decided to go to Parque de las Naciones (Park of the Nations), which is really close to my house.  However, as more people wanted to come, we went to Parque Kempes instead.  the park is beautiful-there was a stream going through it and everything- but we couldn't find a good spot there, and besides, they forgot to bring the mate!



So we went back to Parque de las Naciones, and hung out. Someone went home to get a mate, but forgot the bombilla! (I'll explain all of this in another post) But finally, we got all we needed and kicked back to relax.  Some people played fútbol, we were drinking mate and Coke and juice, playing the guitar, singing, chatting...it was great.  We did this until the sun was starting to set.











Then we went to a grocery store nearby and went to one of the people's house to cook and eat dinner.  We chatted some more, ate dinner, and they stayed to chat some more, but I went home.  In the end it was all good, because my house was a block away. I am tired though!

(will add pictures later...  EDIT: added pictures :) )

I have another follower!
Bienvenue Lulu!!!


1 comment:

  1. Haha gracias Marcos !! My mum went to your blog too and told me "I understood everything!" she was very proud because she doesn't speak English very well. According to this post yes it was a very good day for me too ! I hope there will be many more ;)

    ReplyDelete