Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Primer Asado!!!!!

Saturday, August 9

"This is your first asado?
Wow that's a lot of pressure for me!"
...until I got a message from Yasmin.  "Who wants to go to an asado?"  I was excited to go to one, and the street she gave was two streets down from my house, so I said "I want to go!"  So Lucile and I decided to meet on that street and find the house together.  When we did, the people let us in through the garage. There was some music playing, and we joined all the people there already.  At the time, I only knew Lucile and Yasmin, but soon I got to know Aurora, Chio, Juli, Juan, Clemeny Trini.  Aurora and Chio are also foreigners like Lucile, Yasmin and me, though they came here to study independently. Chio is from S Korea and Aurora is from Germany. Juli, Juan, Clemen and Trini are Argentines. They were so nice and hospitable. And funny too. We helped set the table, and then we chatted and waited for the meat to be ready. An asado translates into a cookout or a barbeque, but I like to call it a meat party too. Round after round of different kinds of meat came and we would eat it and talk about how good it was and just keep enjoying each others company.  I ate so much!!!

Molleja- the cow's neck
When it was finally winding down, Chio and I left.  Her bus stop was on next to my street. She had to recharge her bus card though, so we looked for a place. However, it was Saturday! Everything was closed.  We finally figured it out and I saw her safely to her stop and went home.  I'm stuffed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment