Monday, August 11, 2014

Patio Olmos, and Other Adventures

Friday, August 8

Patio Olmos, the most popular shopping center in Córdoba, in the middle of town.
José de San Martin, the liberator
of Argentina, Chile and Uruguay,
in the Plaza of San Martin.
Today we were all going to go downtown to start the process of getting our student visas, but we received a message on Facebook telling us that their office was closed today, so we would begin the processes another day.  So, we all immediately began making plans.  I had to go downtown to check on how my phone was going along and to look for another place down there that I needed to visit. So my friends and I agreed to meet in front of Patio Olmos at 2:45.  I left then (at noon) to take care of my things.  The phone could not be unlocked because it had too many codes. Sigh. I'll have to buy one here then.  As for the other place, it was too late to do anything there, so I made my way towards Patio Olmos, walked past the statue of this region of South America's liberator, and I was at the meeting point at around 2:30. I went in real quick to make sure they hadn't gone in, but I came back out when i saw my friends starting to congregate outside.  We did have to wait for Valentin.  He was late. When he finally showed, we asked him what took him so long and he said "We're in Argentina! Punctuality isn't important!"

Waiting for Valentin!
We weren't sure if Lucile was coming, and we were sure that Paola would come later, so we went in and started to look around.  The girls were impressed with the candy shop here too. We walked around and stopped at a phone kiosk for one of the girls to buy something. Then we continued on until we saw a fancy clothing store.  The girls went in, naturally, to look for clothes for the party tonight. And us guys stayed out. Well, Yasmin stuck with us too, she didn't feel like spending money.
Waiting for the girls outside
 of the clothing store
Following the "leaders"!

After that, we went to the food court and some of us got some food.  Valentin and I went around the whole food court to find the cheapest food.  We're strategic like that.  Finally we found a cheap place with good food, but because of this very reason, the line was long! When we got back, Lucile had arrived! Then she and some others went to get ice cream. I tried a choripan, which is a sandwhich with a sausage in it. It's pretty good.  After all of that, I had to excuse myself and go home. I hear they went to Paseo del Buen Pastor (I'm so jealous!) and had a good time.  Oh well. I had a good time too.


No comments:

Post a Comment