Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Second day

Tuesday, August 12

Today after my daily devotional ( you can read these here), I had breakfast and kept updating this blog like crazy (I'm almost caught up!) When the time came, i went to Luisa's (the store next to our house) and bought a notebook for class. I got on the bus and went to school.  There were flags today! To welcome all the students back, I suppose.

My first class on Tuesdays and Thursdays is Argentine Literature. In this class, we will explore important "axes" (as in axis, not axe) of Argentine history through two lenses- Literature and Cinema.  So we will read important literary works and watch notable movies concerning the Argentine dictatorship, the 19th century, Eva Duarte, and Contemporary Argentina.  Sounds like a good class.

After that, there's a 15 minute break and then my Popular Culture of Argentina class starts. In this class we're going to explore culture and and what that word entails (a definition we looked at today said culture is "anything humans have added to nature") and then we will start to look at Argentina through this lens.  Also an interesting sounding class.  I think I'll like this semester.

Afterwards, around 5:15 pm, Elsa, Hiem and I set out for the bus stop. No protest today. Everything went well as we all got to our homes. Sophia is back! She had gone to the waterfalls of Iguazu for the weekend, and she says the view was indescribable. As we had dinner, we conversed about her trip and about my weekend.  After all of that, I talked with my family online for a while and went to sleep.

(At this point, I might or might not write a daily post, since it will probably  be routine from now on. I will definitely write about noteworthy things, so don't forget about this blog, but don't panic if there are no new posts each day.... However, if you still want a daily post from Marcos, you can visit my devo blog as that one is daily.)

No comments:

Post a Comment