Sunday, August 10, 2014

Che! Ya Llegamos a nuestra Córdoba querida!

(Hey! We've arrived at our beloved Cordoba!)

Saturday, August 2

Lobby of the Lima Sheraton
I woke up a couple of hours later, and went down to eat the complimentary breakfast we were promised. Delicous. I then settled in the lobby in order to contact my family. There was complimentary wifi here too. It's not too bad to have your flight delayed in Peru! A couple of hours after that, we had lunch (also free) and got on the bus to go back to the airport.






This time around, the radio was playing Eye of the Tiger. Music from the US is pretty popular here. Here are some of the sights in Lima from the bus. There are a lot of historical buildings and statues, as well as more modern buildings.  Mural art and graffiti are all over the place.


So we finally got to the airport, where we had to get a new updated boarding pass, and we waited for the plane. It got here on time and we FINALLY got to board.  The last leg of the journey was going to begin.


First row, window seat!


Take off went smoothly, the two flight attendants worked efficiently and we were on our way very shortly.  We were really close to the coast.  And beaches are so thin from above!  Soon enough, we were over the ocean. It was incredibly silly on my part, but I suddenly imagined a scene from one of my dad's favorite movies...

I know. It's silly. And don't worry, mom, This didn't happen!  But as the clouds cleared, I did get to see islands and the side of the South American continent.It was cool seeing all of this from above. God really outdid Himself.  His creation is beautiful. 




The "gourmet sandwich" was really just turkey
and lettuce in a hot dog bun. The pie was good though
 We ended up getting a 'meal' on this flight too. Coke, Crackers, a "gourmet" sandwich and a pie. It was all pretty good, being what it was.












After the meal, the flight was pretty peaceful.  I decided that I liked flying. I closed my eyes and started to get some rest. But soon enough, I opened the eyes to see the tops of the Andes mountains. The world is a fantastic place! And then I saw the sunset from over the clouds. It was amazing.






Finally, we landed.  After getting off the plane, I went through customs, immigration and to baggage claim.  I panicked a little when my suitcase wouldn't show up, but it finally did and I grabbed it and headed for the exit.  I was in Argentina.
Finally!



No comments:

Post a Comment