Monday, October 13, 2014

Villa María- La Vida Tranquila- Here to stay?!?!?!?

This morning the train woke me up very early - around 6 am.  I couldn't go back to sleep, and I didn't know what time Caro and her grandparents usually wake up, so I decided to check on the wifi.  Still not working. So I turned on the TV and watched El Chavo del Ocho (sound familiar, dad?) 

A little later, Caro's grandfather woke up and went to the kitchen to have breakfast and read the paper.  I joined him, ans we talked.  We talked about Villa María, about his family, about the past, about a lot of things.  We talked for about two hours until Caro and her grandmother got up. We ate (small toast and coffee) and Caro and I went back to her house. Since today was a national holiday (Columbus Day, though here it's called Día de la Raza), the whole day was very relaxing- we bought pasta to make for lunch, Caro's mom showed me pictures and videos from Caro's sweet 15, After lunch, I took a nap on their Paraguayan hammock.  Then Caro and I went to running.  We ran 2 km and did some other exercises. There were a lot of people exercising too. I told Caro it was so peaceful in Villa María, that I would like to stay! Later we went back to her grandparent's house and relaxed until it was time for me to go to the Bus Terminal.

When we got to the terminal, I couldn't see my bus. I kept looking, but I couldn't find it.  I went to the help window to ask, and they told me it had just left! WHAT??? Now I really am going to stay in Villa María! The man at the help desk told me that I could get a new ticket for another bus in an hour (free of charge).  I said thank you and texted Caro and my host family.  Caro came to pick me up and we went back to her house, so that I wouldn't have to wait at the terminal.  She lives 2 minutes away.  I borrowed their shower so that I could freshen up, and when we went back to my terminal, I had my ticket replaced and I got on the bus.  Goodbye Villa María.  I truly enjoyed it.












No comments:

Post a Comment