Sunday, October 12, 2014

VILLA MARÍA!!!!! NEW LOOK!!! WEEKEND WITH THE CATENAS!!!!!!


Today's the day! Today I woke up and went to the Bus Terminal at around 8:45/9ish. I bought a 2 liter Coke to contribute to the asado. Then, with ticket in hand, I waited for my bus to arrive- it didn't take long.  I put my backpack with the luggage and got on.  The drive wasn't bad at all- around three hours or so.



When I arrived in Villa María, I called Caro to ask her where she was.  She was behind me! I met her younger brother Italo and we went to the grocery store to buy a couple of last minute things for the asado.  We found asado-flavored potato chips...only in Argentina! After shopping, we Caro took us to the riverside, where her family was waiting.




Meeting Caro's family was fun.  They are so friendly! We waited a little for Caro's father to show up with the tables, but once he came, we got started with the asado.  I learned how to do it step by step (future blog post).  When it was ready, we all sat down to eat-- THERE WAS SO MUCH!!!!!! And it wasn't over yet, because after the meat, Caro, her grandmother and I went to go buy artisanal ice cream. And after the ice cream, we ate a fruit tart (pasta frola) made by Renzo, Caro's older brother. It was delicious!!! As you can imagine, we were so full!  I took a walk with Caro's parents while the rest played cards.  We planned to go kayaking tomorrow. That will be fun! We also talked about Caro (naturally- what else would parents talk about?) When we came back, we cleaned up and they took me to their house so that I could put my things down.  They have a keyboard! I was so happy! After a little while, we went out again and went to the hair salon they own.  Caro cut my hair and gave me a new look!  I like it!



Afterwards, we continued my "tour." Villa María is a small town, but it is important.  A lot of agricultural and economic assets.  It's also very peaceful.  We stopped by the Jesus statue--sure it's not Christ the Redeemer of Rio de Janeiro, but it's still good!  We visited the Cathedral, and other places. Finally, Caro and I got some empanadas and ate at her grandparents' house.  That's also where we settled down for the night.  The wifi didn't work well, so I was getting ready to sleep, but I noticed Batman was on TV (I have always always always loved Batman!), so I watched it until I was too sleepy. Can't wait for tomorrow.













No comments:

Post a Comment