Thursday, October 2, 2014

INTERNATIONAL FAIR AND MERIENDA WITH CARO!!!!!!!

It's the International Fair!!! I've been looking forward to this day for months! Today I went to UBP early to add some finishing touches to my stand. I wore my Samford polo and HCAS nametag to look official.  I think I looked pretty good! When I arrived I finished my stand and the fair began. UBP Students and people from Córdoba came for information on studying/researching/working abroad. Since I was representing a university, mainly students came by my stand.  I told them about Samford's location, it's schools, our exchange program, the culture, and I would answer their questions too.  I also made a sheet for them to leave their contact information if they wanted more information (I learned that from many a Preview Day with Dr. Ledgerwood!). I enjoyed myself.  As an Ambassador, I really enjoy talking about my school, and the whole fair was really fun.  When I wasn't busy at my stand, I went to visit my friends in "other countries." I visited Japan, where Yui and Kanna were making origami at their Kansai Gaidai University stand;  I visited Elsa, Hiem, Lulu, Audrey and Valentin in France...they had cake! I visited Paola and Edgar in Mexico, and Yassi in Austria.  The Quebec group had delicious food from Quebec at their stand.  Everybody was representing where they were from.





As the fair continued, there were other things happening.  Popcorn for sale. Talks about study abroad and postgrad research, Traditional Mexican Dance. We had fun. Then it was lunchtime.  All of us participating in the fair got a free lunch (Thanks CRI!). After lunch, we went back to our stands.  In the afternoon, things slowed down a lot, and everyone wanted to take a nap.  However, I quickly woke up when I saw Carolina show up in her Samford shirt!  She came to check out the stands for post graduate opportunities and to help me out a little bit too. 

 To finish the fair, the Canadians played music and sang for us.  Very chill. Very relaxing. There were also raffle competitions, but I never win. At the end, there was traditional Japanese dancing.

After the fair, Caro and I went to complete our new tradition: every time we see each other, we have to have a merienda together! So we went to Caseratto and had coffee with cake. We also began to plan a weekend for me to go to her hometown of Villa María to visit. I can't wait!







No comments:

Post a Comment