Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back in the Ring

You guys! It's been so long!

...

Sorry about that.

Last week, I had the pleasure of going to North Greenville University in Greenville, South Carolina.  I went there for Missions FUGE.  Now, this blog was born as a result of MFUGE last year at Mississippi College.  Like last year, MFUGE this week was all out incredible.  I was in the social track this year, so my track group sorted food at a food pantry that serves Greenville's hungry, and we visited nursing homes and played music for them in addition to talking to them.
That was great.
BUT.
This was like last year.  Was I just going through the motions? In fact, there was a friend I was talking to prior to leaving for FUGE who asked me if I thought I would really be challenged.  I was concerned.
God answered me on the first night.  Last year, our whole youth group was broken by the conviction of the Holy Spirit on the last night.  Forced to face our sin and the unbridled love of God, we rededicated our lives- or accepted Christ for the first time- that night.

Me and Dave.


However, God moved at camp this year starting at Day 1. Each night, the camp pastor Dave Edwards delivered God's word in simple, universal and profound messages.  The most impacting messages were on Wednesday and Friday.  I'll go deeper into these in later posts, because I'm going to post more often now ( yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!).

However, These sermons I felt were for me.  I felt God directly talking to me.  God forcing me to face the fact that I had fallen away from Him.  The fact that I was living my life trying to balance between a "Christian life" and a life of the world.  The fact that I had nothing but frustration and that I would have nothing but frustration and conflict if I didn't come back into His presence.

So, I've decided to relocate my life into Jesus' presence.  I noticed that I stopped posting here gradually as I drifted into sin.  By God's grace, I'm back and I pray never to leave again.  Now that I'm back and the emotions from camp are fading away, I need to keep my faith alive through mental conviction.  But more on that later.

I am happy.
I feel joy.
Like I know God is with me, and that with this awareness, I want to be with Him forever.

I want to be closer to my God.  I love you LORD.
_________________________________________________

You guys, please pray for me.  I love you guys too.  But not as much as I love my God.  Sorry.  no competition. :P

Anyways, yeah-- Delving into the Word, this blog's sister blog, will probably start up again too.

Until next time

1 comment: