Monday, August 11, 2014

El Boliche: It's time to PARTY!

Friday, August 8/Saturday, August 9

Once home, I was invited by my tutor to the boliche tonight- the party my friends were going to. So I accepted and tried to take a nap, because I was told it was late at night.

So I was supposed to meet my tutor at Patio Olmos, where we would walk to the boliche together. I got ready, set out on the bus and went to meet him.  The bus is quiet and almost empty at night. I realized I have to recharge my bus card tomorrow morning.
Studio Teatro
When I got there, I connected to the wifi and found out the time was changed! Since scheduling isn't very important in Argentina, we ended up meeting right before 1am.  We walked together a couple of blocks and found the place- Studio Teatro.  It was a nice place. A boliche is the Argentine term for a disco or night club. So I guess I went clubbing in Argentina! BUT not the way you see in movies.  I found that it was possible to have a good time without compromising the resolutions you've made.  It was a nice experience. I found my friends from the university there, and we danced. I drank water and danced and enjoyed time with my friends doing something new. The party goes on until 5am apparently, and then the afterparties starts. At five, a bunch of people left, myself included.  We went to the bus stop together, but the bus was taking forever, so I took a taxi.  The driver was nice and we made small talk during the ride.  And I finally got home and started writing this post. Now I know why weekends are slow. Everyone is worn out from the night before!  It is 6:07 am. If you need me, I'll be asleep.


O. there was this one guy. He was the life of the party. Check him out.





No comments:

Post a Comment