Wednesday, August 13, 2014

No More Daily Posts? Marcos, you're crazy!!!

(I'm finally up to date!)

So I know that yesterday I said I wasn't going to post everyday anymore, because it would be boring, but there's more to life than class! So I actually will continue to post here frequently.

Today was a good day. I got up and watched TV with Sophia while our host mother was preparing lunch.  Monsters University (in Spanish), but then NCIS in English with subtitles. A lot of TV here is in english with subtitles. It's interesting. Our host mother sent me to the vegetable shop down the street to get some potatoes.  I went and asked for potatoes, and they said "which kind?" Ummm...?

So I walked back home and asked "which kind of potatoes?"  She laughed and said potatoes are potatoes! But she did tell me to go ahead and buy white potatoes. So I went back, got the potatoes, and made it back home.  After that mini-adventure, lunch was ready soonafter.  It was delicious! Fish wrapping ham and cheese, covered with a sauce made from cream and other condiments. There were also potatoes, carrots and zapote (sapote).

After such an amazing meal, I had to go to class. That's not a bad thing.  Class was good. Good discussions in Adv Spanish II.  And in Latin American Civ, we started talking about the revolutionary period. I usually hate history, but so far it's not too bad.  

I came back home on the bus and I was able to video call my church for their Wednesday night service! It was nice to see so many familiar faces and to listen to John go through Malachi. 

And I have a new follower!
Bienvenida Patricia!

No comments:

Post a Comment