Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ONE MONTH! ? ! ? !

One month ago today, I was just arriving in Argentina. Everything was completely foreign and new. One month! I can't believe that it's been that long! So much has happened in this month, but it's flown by so fast. I've gotten lost, and I've found my way home. I've eaten asado, empanadas, milanesa, locro, criollos, and many other typical Argentine foods. I've had mate with my friends at parks and by a lake. I witnessed an indigenous ceremony, experienced Pentecostal worship and lived the party life once.  I've gone shopping, I went to an anime event. I visited Buenos Aires. I've made friends, I've done schoolwork. Wow.  What a month!

Stopping to think about it, I'm very thankful for the opportunity I had to study abroad, and I can't wait to live these next three months.I'm thankful to my parents, because even with scholarships, this would have been impossible without them. I'm also thankful to my church family, who generously gave to help me get to Argentina and not be broke. And to the many others who gave and prayed for me. Thank you. I LOVE IT HERE! ! !

I'm other news, I went to finalize the process of getting my visa today. Everyone says it's terrible-a seven hour wait and a miserable experience. However, it wasn't that bad. It took Paula and me three and a half hours, and everyone was friendly. So after all that, I'm all set to get my student visa.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment