Thursday, September 18, 2014

Merienda with Carolina!

*Note: Merienda is an afternoon snack, between lunch and dinner.

After class, Elsa asked if I was coming, and I said not today. I waited on Carolina to get out of the HR event.  She and her friend from middle school, Bruno came out and we left together. We rode the bus for about an hour to get downtown, and the fact that Av General Paz was closed because of a protest made it even longer! But we didn't mind.  Caro and I were catching up and talking about our lives and future plans. Bruno is pretty cool, although a little reckless. Whenever the light was red, he would cross anyway while we waited for it to change.

Anyway, we went to a pastry shop called Lapana.  I met another one of Caro's friends from middle school- Emi. Emi had actually gone to the US to visit Caro for a week last semester, but we never met. She's nice. Bruno had gone to talk to a friend he recognized across the street.  We ordered and chatted.  Apparently Caro wants to go back to the US for a while. We had a lot of fun.
Merienda is just a "snack!"
Bruno joined us later and when we finished, he had to leave. So Caro, Emi and I went across the street to Paseo del Buen Pastor (Remember I wanted to visit here?) We sat on the steps to keep hanging out and chatting.  Carolina kept asking me all of the questions she was asked in the US: "How do you like it here? What's your favorite thing about Córdoba? What struck you as different here? Have you visited ____ yet? All of these and more! We were sitting in front of a statue of Rodrigo, an iconic Cordoban singer who tragically died in a car accident.  One of his best known songs was called "Soy Cordobés" (I'm Cordoban). We took a picture.
Took a picture with Rodrigo. Soy Cordobés!
After a while, we were planning on other activities when it started raining.  So we walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus to show.  When it did, I said goodbye and went home. I really enjoyed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment