Sunday, September 7, 2014

Found a Church! It's a keeper!

Today I woke up at around 8 am.  I got up and was going to the kitchen when my host mom said "What are you doing up so early? Go back to sleep!" So I did.  I woke up again and had missed breakfast! Oops. But I was just in time for an Asado, so we're all good! I met Juan Jo's mother and sister. After the asado, I went downtown to the Book Fair again. Today the pedestrian area was empty! No pastors, no musicians, no one! When I got to Plaza San Martín, I was relieved to see that the Fair was still there.  There were less people though.  That's Sunday for you. Well after spending time there, I looked for a bus stop I had never gone to before. Why? Because that's how I can get to the church that I wanted to visit. I found the stop, I found the bus, and I arrived at the church. It's called Iglesia Bíblica Bautista Centro Crecer (Biblical Baptist Church Center of Growth).  


I was a late for the Bible study, so I couldn't understand it all, but after that came the service.  We sang (I like the songs we sang) and then the pastor came up, prayed, read the passage we were going to learn from, and started preaching.  No red flags. I enjoyed the sermon. We sang some more, and we were finished! I was excited! I met the pastor and introduced myself.  He introduced me with some of the youth, and I got to know other people too.  There are many people here who used to be from the US, but they decided to stay here. I even met a man who speaks French! After meeting people, I realized I had to find a way home! One of the people I met offered me a ride, since it was on the way to his house, so I got home and ate dinner and happily went to sleep. 

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment