Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What Is a Man? - Prelude

Recently my dear friend Voguemind published a post that has provoked a lot of thought in me. You should read it. It's profoundness transcends beyond that of ordinary blog posts.

http://voguemind.blogspot.com/2012/07/mans-world-attempt-2.html

Now. After having read this at around 11 PM the other night, I went to sleep. Then I began to dream. Usually, my dreams don't have a scrap of comprehensibility, but this one flowed coherently. My dream explored what kind of husband and father I would be. And because of this dream, I have been thinking about what it means to be a man. How should manhood be defined?

So I have decided to make this a research project. I will painstakingly analyze different sources on what a man should look like, and I will report it back to you, my reader(s).

(Follow my blog, guys! I don't know who all I'm talking to!!!)

Oh! And should you want to help me in this quest, the comment option is below, and my email address has not changed!

2 comments:

  1. That's a good project, brother. Some resources you might peruse:

    - The Book of Proverbs :)
    - Craftsmen, by John Crotts
    - The masculine mandate, by Richard Phillips

    Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Rudyard Kipling's "If" is inspiring food for thought:
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/if/

    ReplyDelete