Friday, July 20, 2012

Prayer For A Friend, or The Groove of Things

Hmm.

It's been so long since I've posted something.  I've got to get back into the groove of things!

The groove of things...what is the groove of things? Are we talking about life?  Live itself is constantly changing up on us, so I suppose getting in the groove of "life" would be learning how to stay above the water when the waves come hard at you.

This sounds simple enough, and it definitely sounds like common sense.  However, it is pretty difficult.  There are so many things that happen in life, and sometimes our decisions don't let us get above the waves, but deeper into them.

I say all of this because I have a friend who is in this very situation.  She is drowning in life, and making decisions that will only push her farther and deeper into a sea of woe.

Please pray for her.  

As I was rediscovering 80% of the music on my iPod that I don't listen to, I came across this song by Casting Crowns.  It is so beautiful, and it's exactly what I am feeling about this friend of mine.  Listen to it:



God just spoke to me through this.  He used this melody to remind me of His power and how I need to entrust this burden to Him.  This is what I"m feeling right now.  The song itself is very sad, because of what is going on in the friend's life.  However, there is a sense of surrender and trust in this song.  I am lifting my friend to God because there's nothing I can do, but I know that He can do anything.

So, please pray for my friend.  And if this song speaks to you; if you or a friend of yours need this prayer, let me know so that I can pray for him, her or you.  

Let's pray for all of us to get into the groove of things.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely understand that feeling of just trying to keep your head above the water. Let us remember that our Lord walks on water. We can too. We just have to keep our eyes on him.

    ReplyDelete